The Township Clerk administers all federal, state, and local elections for the Charter Township of Bedford. The Clerk’s Office also maintains the voter registration files of the township. To be eligible to vote in elections, you must be a registered voter.
When & How to Register
The State of Michigan now has Online Voter Registration! Just visit the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) and select the “Register to Vote” option located on the left panel of the page. Residents across the state can take advantage of this convenient way of registering to vote. Current voters can also change their address using this website. To register online, residents must have a Michigan Driver’s License or Personal ID Card and qualify to vote in the state of Michigan.
You may also register to vote by visiting the Clerk’s Office at the Township Hall or any Secretary of State Branch Office. You can download a Voter Registration Application and fill it out ahead of time if you which. To verify if you are already registered, visit the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC).
For additional election information, please reference the Michigan Secretary of State website.
Where Do I Vote?
In 2019, the Charter Township of Bedford adjusted our precincts to create an Absent Voter Counting Board (AVCB). This will alleviate congestion at the polls and create a more positive voting experience. All absentee ballots are now counted at the AVCB which is located at the township hall.
- Precinct 1 - Bedford Lions Club 22116 N. Bedford Road
- Precinct 2 - St. Jerome Church 229 Collier Avenue
- Precinct 3 - Bedford Fire Station 5902 Morgan Road
- Absent Voter Counting Board (AVCB) - Township Hall 115 S. Uldriks Drive
How Can I Get an Absentee Ballot?
Please reference the Michigan Secretary of State website for information regarding Absentee Ballots. To send in your application you can:
- Mail it to the Clerk's Office at 115 S. Uldriks Dr., Battle Creek, MI 49037
- Fax it to us at 269.965.0908
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it in the drop box in front of the Township Hall
- Deliver it in person to the Clerk's Office
Become an Election Inspector
For more information, please call 269.965.1999 or email email@example.com.